Tuesday, May 26, 2015

After Party! MOE 2015


                      5/2015 Kristie & I waiting in the rain outside Cain's Ballroom 



Kristie and I hadn’t left our hotel yet when we heard the rain make its descent down on the 100’s of people who were waiting outside in line at Cain’s Ballroom for a ‘After MOE After Party’ that was being held for those who attended the concert. Once the tornado sirens went off we questioned if we should continue curling our hair or get the mattress off our hotel beds and barricade ourselves in the bathtub. Needless to say, I did come to MOE slightly prepared with rain jackets and decided come hell or high water we weren’t going to miss the party (except if there was a real tornado that touched down and then we’d choose life over the after party).

After the doors opened and we were all let in there was a rush to the stage. Everyone started looking around as they filed in from the storm wondering when DJ Tay would appear. Once we had committed to a location, poor Kristie, who was wearing a maxi skirt, had to wring her skirt out, leaving a giant puddle in a trashcan. A few moments and one quick bar run later, music started, followed by loud cheering. I turned around and saw a crowd of females around the sound booth. As I walked closer to see what the excitement was about, I quickly realized that the crowd had formed because Taylor was in the booth. Last year, during the very first after party held, Taylor was on stage in a makeshift DJ booth while Isaac and Zac made a few appearances to support their brothers first spin. Sadly, neither Zac nor Isaac made an appearance this year. If they did, I didn’t notice because I was dancing like I don’t care* [I put that in italics to kind of underline that there’s a reference to catch there]. (*Let me paint a picture of my dance skills for you: it’s a pair of ugg boots with yoga pants away from winning the whitest chick in the room award.)

In the booth with Taylor were a couple of guys who I assume were involved with the weekend activities; I saw them around helping with some of the events, so it made sense they were there too. They were older gentlemen I’m guessing, in their 50’s. I bring this detail up because I find this beyond humorous; Hanson has always said they were like ‘old dudes’ in ‘young dudes’ bodies, so there is some really funny irony I find in that these older guys were hanging in the Dj booth with Taylor rocking out instead of the typical Dj booth posse. All I could think watching this happen was that song DJ Girl by Katalina (Excuse me I’m with the DJ). I can’t tell you all the songs he played, what I can tell you someone bought Taylor a shot of from a distance looked like Tequila. At first he was confused who bought this shot for him and started looking around the room to thank the person. He pointed to my friend Mel and I who were dancing in front of the DJ booth at one point, asking if it was one of us who bought him the shot. We shook our heads no and for a second I wish I had been the one who did. I have manners - but I was just too busy having a good time with the friends I only see once a year. Plus, he’s the rock star, I’m the one who’s trying figure out how much Hanson Day merch I can get away with buying before my bank thinks there was fraudulent action on my debit card.



Once Taylor took one shot, a flood of shots started flowing to the DJ booth from the fans and even when Taylor signaled he didn’t want anymore he still took them, maybe because he’s such a gentleman - or possibly he just can’t say no to free booze. I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt and to go with gentleman. Mad props to Taylor for handling his liquor, it was super adorable to witness. If that had been me, I would have had to practice holding onto the floor after about three.

The rumor mill has been in full force since, I’ve heard some interesting stories which I won’t repeat them all except the best one: “Taylor was so wasted Zac and Isaac called 911 and the Paramedics had to carry him out on a stretcher.” In the immortality words of Mr. Isaac Hanson  “ You ladies is crazy you know that?”.  Honesty, the most exciting thing that happened besides Taylor and the too many shots being the main show was that a slow moving bar line, followed by Taylor playing “Another One Bites The Dust” three times in a row. This year’s after party was by far the best after party Taylor has hosted to date. High five Dj Taylor for playing some tunes we could bounce with and showing your dedicated fans a good time.



Verdict: Raise your hand if you’re waking up in ‘Another One Bites the Dust’ sweats at night still?


Video of Taylor saying goodnight from the 'After Party', good times !!!!!
 Video Credits to : Zayra 

No comments:

Post a Comment